"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Monday, November 23, 2009

Hello blogging world!

I don't think I've gone this long without blogging since I started this!

He wouldn't admit it, but that post for Cooper's birthday was done by Blake! Thanks honey for getting the video up and going for Cooper's special day.

So, we are in Tulsa with my family and are so enjoying seeing our cousins everyday and of course Noonie and Papa for breakfast and dinner! What a blessing this is to have family so close and available, especially since we won't see them for 8 weeks once we make it to Aspen.

Blake is doing well. Ends up we qualify for government funded housing in Aspen. That's how we compare to Aspen folk. I got a good giggle out of that. His hours have been incredible and the town seems really laid back...such a wonderful change from the trauma service that he just finished.

Yesterday our pastor did his sermon on adoption and how we are all adopted into God's family. He had asked me a while ago to videotape an interview with him and I was honored to do so. Yesterday he shared about the need as Christians to make room in our homes/hearts for children that have no family. Then he shared the video. Chosen had a booth out so that people that were interested in foster care/adoption could come by and check us out.

I have to say that I was overwhelmed by the stories and the response from the church. So many people in our church have wanted a ministry like this and were so excited to know what we were doing. We had a birth mom come by and share how God has been speaking to her about the need for her to serve in our church! We had adoptees and adoptive parents come by asking how they could help.

I was humbled to be a part of yesterday and cannot wait to see how this all unfolds for our church. If you want to see the sermon you can click here and it will take you to the church website. Go to quick links and choose "weekend message online". Then pull up the "There is Room for You" sermon.

*************************************************************************************
Blake is dying to see pics of the kids, so here are some random ones from the last couple of days. I haven't been that good at taking them! Sorry honey!
My birthday boy! Notice he's going the wrong way on the slide!!! See his party hat he made...that was one of the activities the kids did. Cooper just decided to color the top of his hat with markers! So creative, huh?
Does Owen look like he's trying to impress Anna? Is she not so cute?
These are the kids from our block (minus the Brooks 4). We are going to miss them so much!

Baylor and Owen doing a potato sack race! It was so much fun and I couldn't stop laughing at them falling all over the place!

Is this not hilarious? We bought clown hair for Cooper to wear since we did carnival games and face paint for his party. Sadie looked so cute with all of those curls!
Cooper checking out his cakes! I love this one below...my goodness I am so blessed!!!

These are just a few from Cooper's party last weekend. I will update with another post later with more pics. We had so much fun and were so blessed to be able to see our friends before leaving town!

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Cute cute cute! Love all the pics love the new one I'm guessing a Christmas card shot? Miss blogging but still enjoy reading yours!

Terra said...

Happy Birthday Cooper!! Looks like your party was a blast!
Love the new picture! Hoping I might be getting one for Christmas! Wink wink! :)
And the one of sister with the wig is hilarious!

Just Believing said...

Can't wait to sit and watch the video! You inspire me so much to do more do more!!!

Lisa said...

Justin and I just watched this video together, and afterwards he said we should go to Battlecreek and see their adoption ministry! (he heard you reference a Tulsa church in the video, that sparked his interest) I explained we were working to get this ministry at SHBC. He said COOL, for a guy of few words this was exciting. Also, the whisper you refer to in the video, I hear that same whisper! 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 years...... He never promised it would be without pain, he just promised it would be worth it. Enjoyed our time together tonight!

Becki Francy said...

Molly -
I sat there and watched and balled. All those feelings of Cooper - you never forget the pain. But boy - was it worth it! You did FABULOUS on the interview. It was perfect and clear that God was speaking through you.

I laugh at people suggesting they couldn't stand the pain of losing a child. Like they have control. Like bio children don't get cancer, pass away, aren't stillborn. So sad - you are right, it isn't about us. That is the whole concept about being a parent...it just isn't about us.

SO proud of you!
Becki

Melodie said...

just watched the interview. so proud of you! and so proud of your pastor for his strong influence in your church and his boldness to teach this!