"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Do You Love Jesus?

This is my absolute favorite time of year. I get teary hearing certain Christmas songs about the birth of our Savior...how He became human for us.

This song is my new all time favorite because it keeps reminding me of such truth of the season...



And something I hardly ever do is steer you to another site. But there is something that has been stirring in my heart for years. My first youth pastor and his wife have have had the same stirring. Jen has written about it and I pray you will take a minute to read what she says about Christmas. She writes so much better than I ever could. She is so bold and honest. If you love Jesus, please please read what she writes.

My prayer is that our children always know that Jesus is what Christmas is about, not Santa, not gifts.

1 comment:

Melodie said...

thanks for sharing this Molly. sometimes i need a little encouragement in the decisions we've already made. and this was good for me to read. funny how nixing santa can disappoint others outside of our little family. not that the post was all about santa, but we made that decision last year. to nix him. and sometimes i think people may think we're cruel parents for doing that. i kind of think it's quite the opposite.
"my prayer is that our children always know that Jesus is what Christmas is about, not Santa, not gifts. " Amen. i share that prayer with you! love all the cute Christmas pictures of the kiddos.