"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Wednesday, November 12, 2008

There's a tiger coming!

This is such an exciting time at our house with 2 toddlers. There's lots of imaginary things happening and it's so fun to make believe with them!

So, lately...there have been tigers lurking in our backyard, under beds and in closets. At any given moment, Cooper will sneak up and whisper, "There's a tiger coming! We need to hide!"

Depending on the moment, we do different things to fend off the tiger. Today, we decided to build a fort. Instead of my normal and lazier attempt at a fort, I went crazy this morning and couldn't stop myself. The boys loved it, I am sure not as much as I did. It so reminded me of when Laura and I used to tie up sheets and lots of crazy things for tents.



I love this stage!

Now, of course Sadie was sleeping during all of the building. But she was invited in during her 10:00 bottle. It was hard to sneak myself in the fort while carrying her! In the last couple of days she's been smiling more and more! What a joy she has brought to our lives. The boys are still smitten with her. I often have to ask them to calm down and scoot back because they really do just smother her and get so excited when she is awake!

Play ideas??? So any of you other mommies want to share with us some play ideas that you do with your kids?
What's your favorite thing to do at home?
Even for those of you with grown kids, what was your favorite thing to do when your kids were little?
Here's something a dear friend sent to the boys that they just LOVE! I believe it's called Floam, or at least that's what we are calling it! It's fabulous and has even become so loved that if the boys don't behave...I take it away!!! Thanks Leah for sending this to the guys!

Now, I want to hear some of your favorite things you do with your kids!

5 comments:

Melodie said...

what a fun day! i guess i have alot to look forward to.

Becki Francy said...

I am laughing my butt off. Mostly because I am picturing things such as us pulling you around the house in a laundry basket. Or when we would put you all in the bottom of the sleeping bags and pulling you down the stairs. How about forts, or having the secret clubin the storage area...Moncheechee's...carnivals in the back yard...playing Cowboys and Indians (This is no longer PC)...or what about the good ole' game...clean my room and then we will clean yours. Man - I love our memories!

Courtney Connelly said...

Hey! Since I have only been a mommy for a week, I don't have any great ideas about fun activities yet. But, tell Owen and Cooper that is the best fort that I have ever seen and I am sure the tigers don't stand a chance!

Anonymous said...

It's true...your boys never wear pants. LOL!!! Ropes...lots of jump ropes. My kids loved tying each other up...they were always some sort of animal and Ashlee was the zoo keeper. This sounds like abuse, but my dad would tie my sister and I up with jumpropes every Saturday morning. We had to get out of the ropes to eat breakfast. We BEGGED him to tie us up...we loved it! (Don't tell DHS!)

Laura said...

Oh, I love it! This reminds me of when we used to tie our hair bows and training bras together...then we tied it to the light switch because we were too scared to walk to bed in the dark. So there we sat in bed, with our "home made rope" and turned out the lights! I am laughing so hard!!!