"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Adoption stuff

You know I can't keep off the topic too long!

So, after the transracial workshop the agency suggested we do a playgroup for any families that are transracial. What a great idea!

We had so much fun at our first playgroup a couple of weeks ago. Even though the rain spoiled our zoo plans, we still had a blast at an indoor playground!

My boys were the only two kids that refused to sit for the picture. Who's shocked? Certainly not me! Aren't they all cute?


A friend pointed me to this poem and I had to share because this is what my heart is feeling and I couldn't say it well. This momma captured it perfectly!
What can I teach you about being Black?
Not much,
Because I'm not.
But a I can teach you about pain,
And how to forgive peoples foolish words.
I can show you how to endure suffering,
So that through it Truth will be proclaimed.
I can love you and cry with you,
I can be the she-bear when you are threatened.
We can live where there is a rainbow of people,
and we can learn to love them together.
We can seek out the truth of history,
And not be afraid of the ugliness.
I can open your heart and your eyes
To the painful reality that comes clinging to the back of sin.
And in the end,
I can release you into your destiny,
And wait for you to come home,
With a fuller understanding of who you are
and what you are to be in your life.
Then I can listen as you teach me,
What it means to be Black.

**Thank you Dorothy for letting me share this!**
____________________________________

I had to share something that came from those sweet pictures of Sadie that Libby took!

This is the quarterly newsletter that our agency sends out...how cool is that! Thanks for being willing to share this image Libby!

These pictures have nothing to do with this post but they are only a couple of the very few that I have of the boys lately! It seems that I can't get pics of them unless they are still in front of the TV! I was cuddling with Sadie and feeding her and they wanted to cuddle next to her. They actually asked me to move!

5 comments:

Terra said...

I'm thinking the side view of the 3 of them together might be my new favorite. It just captures the moment. Glad you are back. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Very cute pics! So glad everything is going well for your Dad. Loved the poem too!

Love,
Julie

Ami said...

If you ever want to head down to Fort Worth, my friend and I started an adoption support group for transracial adoptive families. We hold different events throughout the year, but our main goal is to bring our families together so that our kids meet others just like them. We're called Families Like Us. Our website is familieslikeus.net

Kristy said...

Love the poelm and loves the picture! Great Post!

Ursula said...

That is the most beautiful poem. I keep reading it. Makes me weepy. Thanks for sharing.