"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How quickly things change!

***Just for a quick laugh! How cute is she? She found these of Owen's and tried to put them on!***
It's amazing to me how God meets our every need, even the small ones that we might miss if we aren't paying close attention. See, I am hoping that The Shack really is helping me see Him different.

So yesterday, this apartment closed in on me real quick. It was the first day I needed some serious space. Little Miss, as I noted, has started her screams again. Perhaps the space is getting to her and she's tired of sleeping in the bathroom (gasp, I know!). Or maybe it's that she's finally getting more teeth (hooray!). Her brothers seem to be taking some of their excess energy out on her, too! Anyhow, she's been waking up screaming ready to go anywhere from 4:30-6:00 am. And when she screams (if you haven't heard it) it wakes everyone and your ears literally ring if you are in the same room. I am quite certain all of our neighbors hear it too!
So, needless to say we've all been a little sleep deprived as she is not sleeping well during naps either. I know, I have always been spoiled with great nappers and sleepers (12 hrs at night, and 3 hour naps for all 3) so this momma is feeling it!

Poor Owen was a basket case yesterday, oh-so emotional. It gets me to my core, and breaks my heart. He cried about everything, big-fat-rolling tears; about boo boos, and time outs, and the wrong food, and being thirsty or hungry, etc. The bottom line is yet again...this guy misses his dad. Not that we all don't, but Owen is at the age where he understands it so much. He's ready for things to be back to normal too. I didn't know what else to do than just hold him and pray over him as he bawled at bedtime.
All of this to say, it's a good thing. I wanted to be ready and WANTING to come home, and my heart has so been enjoying this rest with my family and my Savior. So my sweet Father provided me some discomfort yesterday....now I am READY!
Cooper's hanging in there pretty well. He's still fascinated with Polar Express and sadly has the whole book memorized ("sadly" because I wish he knew the Bible as well). I will have to video it, it's priceless how he hears words and remembers them. Like Merry Christmas is "Merry Chris-top". Even though he knows what Christmas is, he swears this is not what they are saying! He's so independent...wonder where he gets that from???

So here are some pics. Only 11 days left...SHOOT, I'd better get packing!
We ran to the store and came home to some beautiful snow. I couldn't get the kids to come inside! The flakes were so big that Sadie couldn't keep her eyes open! Still loving her puff balls!I love how it falls into and hangs on their curls! It's amazing what snow can do for your heart!!

One of the perks of being in a small town is that on our way to the store, we pass one of the clinics that Blake works at (It's right next to the highway). So we colored some pictures and picked out his favorite candy at the store. Bummer that it started to snow right as we pulled out....

3 comments:

Becki Francy said...

Blake driving a truck? I love that idea of dropping off candy to the daddy! So awesome! OK - can't wait until you are home. We miss you and are VERY ready for you to come home!

Laura said...

Hey, it's me! Laurla! Can you see me on my webcam? What? You can't see me? Oh maybe that's because I don't HAVE a webcam! Darn computer without a webcam! But don't you fear, my Skype account is all set up and ready to go :)

I loved this post...I am ready for you to come home too. I want to go run together...go to Sonic...let the kids play...just hug you! (and your babies!)

The weather here is in the 60s! Your kids would be riding bikes outside everyday!!!

Love you..........

Al's World said...

I love you girl...hang in there, walls can become so closed in when kids are going crazy which makes us crazy which they pick on which makes them crazy....neverending cycle! You are such a great and loving mommy, your kiddos are so blessed to have you!

Love you!