"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of School

Owen did wonderful! He really did seem quite excited about today.


His incredibly thoughtful daddy showed up at the house @ 8:15 after going to work at 6 am! We were all so surprised and excited that he could come with us on such a big day. Thanks Blake for being such a wonderful father and husband. I would have been a mess had you not been there with me. And not only is he a wonderful daddy...he is mighty handsome too! Lucky me!
We walked Owen to his class and joined them all in a story...The Kissing Hand. This is one I shared a long time ago that is one of our favorites. So just listening to the story read by his teacher did make me tear up. Luckily I was distracted and could composed myself because Emery started squirming in my arms. The teacher gave one parent and each child a sticker. After the story she told each child to give their mommy or daddy a kiss and the sticker and say good-bye. Owen quickly got up and decided to give his brother the sticker. It was TOO sweet! Luckily I had my camera close by and got these precious pics.
Notice in these pics how Cooper is showing his "kissing hand" and his sticker. He was so touched.


We feel so blessed that today went so well. Owen said he had a blast today and couldn't wait to go back tomorrow to see his new friends again. Thank you Jesus! He did miss his brother and sisters though...
Blake and I decided we officially feel grown up with a child in school.

Good thing we have other munchkins to make us feel young! She was cooing and making smiles so I thought I would try and get it on camera. She just thinks the camera is weird because she gets all serious on me!

Little lady, you stop all that growing you're doing. Stop it right now!

10 comments:

Kristy said...

LOVE every bit of it especially Sadie's sneakers they rock!!!

Melodie said...

i'm so glad your entire crew went for the drop off. i don't think your family guy-owen would have wanted it any other way! and i got a little teary when i read that he gave the sticker to Cooper! so glad you snapped some pictures. i can't wait to see this love in my own boys as they grow! love your family!

Just Believing said...

OK I cried about 3 times readin this...one how your Husband showed up to take O to school then again how he gave the sticker to his brother and then again when Greg reminded me that Faith would be going to Kindergarden in 5 yrs :)

Love it You have the best family !!! I have 3 blogger friends in OK and I think I need to take a weekend trip up there to meet ya'll!

Julie said...

This is just the sweetest! I hope my children love each other as much as your munchkins love their siblings. Blake showing up was just about the sweetest thing ever! Glad Owen had a good first day of school!

Betty S. said...

so very sweet and so loved that Owen gave the sticker to Cooper.
love you all.

Courtney said...

Don't you just love the excitement of the first day of school! Memories they will have forever! Sounds like Owen did awesome!

Jana said...

Wow! What precious memories it brings back seeing Owen walk down the hall at my old school. I had such wonderful teachers there. Thanks for sharing the pics. It made my day!

Lori said...

I just love this!!! Owen is so adorable, glad Blake could be there for such a special day, and I LOVE Sadie’s shoes!
I <3 your family!

Cindy said...

Oh I love this. Love how the whole family rallied around Owen for his first day. What an amazingly beautiful and loving family you have- such an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Your family is precious! Glad I happened upon your blog. Glad you are off to a good start with the first day under your belt. Hope it's a wonderful school year.