"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Birthdays and good-byes




So this last weekend brought my birthday and a little early birthday gathering for the kids to say good-bye to some of our friends. Owen turns 6 just a few weeks after we get to Atlanta, then Sadie turns 3 two weeks after that. So we gathered some of our friends to squeeze their necks one last time before heading east. Oh...it's so hard for me to say good-bye!
Our precious friend Lesley Proctor took these pictures of our family FOR MY BIRTHDAY!! What a HUGE gift this is to a mama, huh? We had so much fun and she was kind enough to meet us early in the morning to avoid the HEAT of Oklahoma.

I love how they turned out and how you can see so much of the kids' personalities in them. They would such good sports taking these. The boys certainly DO NOT like having their pictures taken, so it made all the difference in the world to adore the one behind the camera (who just happened to bring her two boys with her to get smiles!).


I will post some pics from the pool party later. My mom took most of them with her camera.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

love it!!!!!

Kristy said...

Love your new layout love the pics, and love the girls dresses, L has that one too, and I adore it on her!! I have been so blessed to have met you and chat with you on a few occasions, you are such an inspiration and I will continue to follow your blog and watch your kiddos grow through pictures they're precious!!!!

Lori Wohl said...

I LOVE your family pictures! You have such a beautiful family! We'll miss you while you are in Atlanta.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and your new blog colors! The picture at the top is just adorable! Keep up the good work, your family is just precious! :)

Me said...

Great photos!!! It's HOT in Atlanta right now. We're in NC and it's 110 degrees today. CRAZY...safe travels!

Kierstin said...

Love your new pics!!

Betty S. said...

going to miss you dearly my friend! love the family pictures- priceless 8-) love ya!

Cindy said...

Okay, I already miss you like crazy! these pictures are so so precious. Your kids are beyond gorgeous! Praying that this new phase in your life gives you many blessings along the way. love u!!