"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Sunday, August 24, 2008

Getting big!



These are some pictures from our car ride to Tulsa on Friday.

Our sweet boys are just constantly surprising me with how big they are. The first thing out of Owen's mouth this morning was, "Can you take me to Tulsa?"

The boys love getting to hang out with their 5 cousins there. So we loaded the guys up Friday and headed north for an overnight stay at my parents house. My sister Laura asked months ago if she could cut Owen's hair the next time he needed a cut. We got bored by the pool on Saturday and decided it was time. So here's his new 3 year old hair cut.
I must say it makes him look older, though I miss his big hair!
Another reason why I chose "getting big" is because my parents will welcome their 10th grandchild sometime in the next year. My sister, Becki, is due early November (#8). My sister, Laura, announced last week that she is due in April with their 3rd (#9). We are of course "expecting" as well. It's just a little crazy trying to guess when ours might get here, so I am being hopeful but cautious and say we'll bring in #10!
It's been a great week with Blake at home on vacation. We've enjoyed having him here for breakfast, lunch and dinner! We'll be sad when he has to leave for work early in the morning tomorrow!
August has been a good growing month for me. My faith has been strengthened and tested with the adoption. All month long we have received emails, phone calls and incredible surprises and notes in the mail. We are so blessed to have each of you in our lives walking through this with us. We cannot wait to see what God has in store for us with our next child. And at the same time, we are reminded what we already have with Owen and Cooper.
We were reminded just yesterday that sometimes our children are taken from us before we are ready. We learned of a family that lost their 2 year old suddenly in an accident at home. Each time I get to feeling down about our situation and why things didn't work out, I remind myself (or maybe that's God speaking to me) that I could be mourning the loss of a child. I could be mourning the loss of a spouse, parent, sibling.
God has given our family, each of us, so many blessings and sometimes I get sidetracked wanting more instead of focusing on what I have!
Lord, I don't want to be that way. I want to live everyday giving thanks to you.
Today in Sunday school we explored the idea that God gave us our spouse as a physical, tangible, concrete reminder of how much He loved us. We are supposed to be that for our spouse.
I know that's a "duh" for many of you that are wiser than me, but it hit me hard.
I looked at Blake and wondered if I reminded him daily of Christ's love for him?
That's my prayer this week, that I am not only that to Blake, but our children as well. That I can remind them in everything I do, of Christ's love for them.

6 comments:

Becki Francy said...

Wow...what a beautiful post. And you are a reminder to me of Christ's love and his faithfulness. You are the first one I call to tell me the positive aspects....Oh MY GOSH...look at his short hair!!! It does make him look SO much older!!!! I cannot believe he is three....what in the world? Wasn't it yesterday that we were in he boat on the lake talking about maybe having kids, I have one and one on the way, you have two and one on the way????Time flies sister!

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration to me. Thanks for the beautiful post!!

Robin

Terra said...

Oh my goodness. Your little Owen looks like a little man with his haircut. They grow way too fast!! Hugs and kisses!

Anonymous said...

I know I didn't know about all that was going on with you the last few months, but please know how awesome I think your family is and I continually look forward to watching how it will grow and change. Also, I completely agree with the feeling uncontent at times then having a wakeup call. I seem to think that way often as well.

Unknown said...

Wow Molly you continue to amaze me with your spiritual depth. To be Christ's love to my husband, my first thought was I hope Breck doesn't read your blog and then of course I felt convicted so I don't know whether to slap you or thank you for your revelation! :) I love you girl and think you're wonderful!
Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

I love your post this week. I too want to strive to be a representive of Christ's love for my family...its funny shouldn't that be the first place we practice Christ's love is at home?Thank you for helping me strengthen my spiritual musclces! Love, Dee