"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Fun!



We decided to hang out with family on Labor Day at my dad's family's lake house at Fort Gibson.


We are so glad we went.

My family did this for years growing up.

We spent so much time at the lake, it seemed like we were there every other weekend.


Sadly, I hadn't been there in about 6 years.

It was amazing to me that a town like Wagoner could bring so many wonderful memories to my heart.


I was glad to be sharing it with our kids. We have never taken the boys to the lake because no one in our family has a boat and that's really all we know to do at the lake!




When we drove up, Owen asked what the water was. He wanted to know if it was a pool. That's sad, I thought. How can my kid not know what a lake is???

I told him it was a lake and he replied, "Does it got a pool in it?"



They were fascinated with the boats, the quiet streets, the open yard to run wild in, and loved being with all of their favorite people. They never once asked where the toys were or if they could watch a movie!




They spent what seemed like hours on this rope swing that's been there for ages and has entertained hundreds of kids and crazy adults.



The boys loved the tree house that obviously needs some TLC, but they had no clue and never mentioned that.


I love living life with young kids that don't see what adults see. I know at some point they are going to think this stuff isn't cool anymore. But it was so neat to watch them love what I loved as a child.


We spent time with my dads family that we never get to see. It was such a joy to share the boys with them.


Thanks family for doing this with us! We had such a wonderful time with you all!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU for traveling 2 hours both ways, just to have the time with our family! So thankful you valued it and love it! You two are awesome parents! (I heard Blake tell Owen, "when you get bigger we will have a boat!" I can't wait-but imagine I won't be skiing with the boys-just a cheerleader for them!... Love, Noonie

Melodie said...

i had so much fun today. and i loved meeting those cute boys!