"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dreams Do Come True




Today one of my dreams came true.

When we first adopted and experienced the joy and freedom in open adoption, I dreamed that one day all of our first families would have lunch together with our children.
Today we came as close as ever when Mama Mandy brought her family and we met her for lunch with C and her family. My mom came to town with my niece and they helped make this dream possible. After we wrapped up lunch we drove to see Mama G and hang out with her family.
We only needed Mama O for the day to be a true success, but we were worn out and the kids fell asleep in the car!
So today I feel like this is the icing on the cake, a little slice of heaven. And as you can imagine, we caused quite the scene at Chik-Fil-A! I will post what pics I can while still protecting C and her family.
See who Noonie is holding? She is 4 months old now! And note that Sadie is dipping her chicken in mayo.

Nothing could be sweeter than this picture!
Mama Mandy with Emery and Noonie!
Our daddy even got to join in on the fun!
I will tell you now, this picture will be on the boys wall in no time. They LOVE pics with Mama Mandy!

The kids were all excited to see how much K had grown! We couldn't believe how big she was! What a blessing to have a relationship with her family!

9 comments:

Charissa said...

What a blessing! Wonderful gift you are able to give your children, an open adoption!!

Eve said...

This looks like it was a fantastic time. May all your dreams continue to come true. :D

Kristy said...

Molly how amazing! I bet it was so great. I Love Love Love the first pic of you and Sadie! I cannot get over how big K is I thought miss L was big for her age. Need to get together.

Betty S. said...

These are special memories that you are making for your kids . Just love how it worked out for you all to spend time together. Love ya my sweet friend.

outdoor.mom said...

gorgeous kids!! love your blog header - its awesome :-)

Al's World said...

Sister your heart is as big as Texas! I can't imagine what joy and laughter was going on at those tables! I cried when I saw Mandy give her sweetie a hug! What a joy that you got to see precious K..what a gift that God has given you...you are amazing!

Lori said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! LOVE that you and your family were able to experience this. What a blessing! :)

Unknown said...

Your family is soo blessed! I hope my family will be this blessd some day!

Cindy said...

holy cow! now I know what you guys were talking about. Cant. Believe. She is 4 months old already. has it really been that long? This is amazing and inspiring and precious. Oh, and you look beautiful in that pic with Sadie. Love you!