"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Wednesday, December 3, 2008

3 months old!

Sadie amazes me with how small she is yet, she is so strong.


She is rolling over from belly to back, she's got quite strong arm and leg muscles.

checking out her "bow head". I think she likes it!

She is smiling much more now, but rarely can I catch it on camera. I tried so hard this morning and of course the one time she had a huge smile she had just spit up and I was trying to clean her up! This was the best I got, just a glimpse!
She is very serious and very much into her surroundings...it may be her two older brothers that are constantly in motion around her. They generally are moving towards her at fast speeds, so I am sure this is cause for concern and might be the reason she seems so serious around them!

The boys are still obsessed with her and surprisingly (just because of their age) have not been too rough with her. They love to talk to her, but it's usually more of a yell and they stand about 2 inches from her eye balls. We've discussed inside voices and respecting sister's space...but it's taking some time to sink in. I can see this being a problem in about 12 years for Sadie, so I thought I should start now on training her brothers!

When we check on her while she's napping they are so good to whisper and Owen tells me she's "adorable".

The boys are great about Sadie's room. When I go in to put her down for a nap, I leave her door cracked while I lay her down. They will follow me to her door and just wait there without coming in. Now, if you know our boys...you know this is big. They are normal toddler, energetic, exploring, live wires! We do Baby Wise and Baby Whisperer around here, so it's not like I am in there for 20 minutes, but it's nice even for that short time for her to not have any distractions.

Sadie is starting to look more and more like Mommy G and I love that. I can see her in Sadie's eyes. Of course her long skinny body reminds me of her as well (sister's got better genes than we could have ever given her for sure!)

We love you Sadie bug! What a happy 3 months you've given us!

___________________________________

What happens when 2 year olds try to use scissors while mommy is on the phone?


Yes, I realize that I gave them the scissors and that I was sitting right there. It happened so quickly that I couldn't help but giggle. He was shocked that when you turn the scissors in toward your belly and open and close them that you could acutally cut your shirt!

________________________________________

Blog games...I guess I should share a little.

My sister challenged me to this one.

List 5 favorite addictions:

1. I love coffee, and by coffee I mean, fierce, strong coffee and LOTS of creamer and equal. I like it in the mornings and love to share it with my husband. I would make a bad mormon.

2. The Biggest Loser-yep I am a huge fan!

3. Date nights, never have enough of them, but love them when we do!

4. Christmas music

5. Gum, if you know me, you know I love gum! Right now it's Polar Ice Extra...yes, I am a dork!

WHO'S WHO?
What is your husband's name? Blake Edward


How long have you been married? 6.5 years!

How long did you date? Almost 7 years. We started dating when I was 16 and he was 15! Yes, that means I drove on our first date!

How old is he? 29 just like me, but I am 3 months older!


Who is taller? He is!


Who can sing best? We often laugh about how we both are horrible singers, but it doesn't stop me from singing! He never sings though!


Who is smarter? Yea, all that know us are laughing at that question. He is. Although I think I am smart, he graduated top in his class in med school, so I think he wins!

Who does the laundry? Me, I stay-at-home. It's kind of in the job description!

Who pays the bills? He does!

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me


Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Me, I am usually wrong-suck! Although, he's good at admitting it when he is wrong.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me. He took me to an OU game and told me that it was tradition when OU scored, you had to kiss. Now, me being the youngest of 4 girls, I had no clue of football traditions??? And, I was dying to kiss him! (And we'll both be quick to say, it was awful!)

Who wears the pants? He does for sure!

9 comments:

Terra said...

I LOVE the picture of the boys kissing Sadie. Melt my heart! And of course I cracked up at the hole in the shirt. I sort of looked at the Parents as Teachers educator with "the look" when she told me last month that I should start let Kylan use scissors. Does she know my son? It wouldn't just be his shirt with a hole! Oh the memories you are documenting!! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

She is SO precious!!! Time is flying by and it's killing me. These babies are growing like crazy!!!!

Chassidy said...

Sadie is getting so big! I could just eat her up! And she's rolling over...oh my goodness!! Let me know when things slow down so we can have a play date!

Are you all going to the Deaconess Christmas Party on Saturday?

Molly said...

Yes, we'll be there! We can't wait to see everyone!

Are you all planning on coming?

Becki Francy said...

That was funny, not quite, Bob Stoops picking out Demarco Murrays hair funny, but it was pretty funny, sorry your first kiss was a stinker...at least it wasn't at a smelly bar!

kim said...

you are a brave brave woman for giving your boys scissors...I don't even let Ty use crayons very often....he ALWAYS writes on the walls, floors, doors, table...you get the idea. By two and a half, Ella was painting landscapes!! Ha ha! Ok, now I am feeling guilty for not doing enough arts and crafts with Ty...geez!

I love how much the boys love little Sadie! I can't believe she is three months old! I stumbled across your blog when she was brand new!!

Anonymous said...

That baby is SO cute! I just want to squeeze her! Your boys crack me up and take me back a few years to when my boys were that age. (And no...they didn't wear pants, either!) We will have to meet sometime so I can hold some of that milk chocolate baby girl!

Salzwedel Family said...

Your kids are absolutely adorable!

Laura said...

I just want to say thank you for all of the boys in Miss Sadie's hair. Since, as her aunt, God has blessed me with little men, then I truly appreciate all of those momies that put bows in their girls hair! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Sutton is also WAY into scissors. He even has a pair that he calls his, and one for "Matts". But they are more kid friendly...however cause just as much damage!

Thanks for the update! I always love seeing pictures of my nephews and niece!