"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer fun



Well, we are just having ourselves some marvelous time at the pool.

I know some people might be annoyed by lots of kids at the pool, but for my kids it's pure bliss. And that makes mama happy!

Owen and Cooper pretty much are inseparable. Thankfully they have not questioned the need to wear life jackets because I am not sure it would be safe for me to take all 3 of them if the guys weren't wearing those beautiful yellow things!

Sadie has enjoyed the water as long as her hiney is not sitting in it. She will put her feet in and her hands in and splash. She looks hilarious doing this, kind of like an ape with her tiny buns in the air.

And this...I had to share. This might just show you a glimpse of the relationship between these three. This is pretty much what Sadie wakes up to every morning. I actually asked Owen to wait until I could grab the camera!
Sadie has changed so much in the last 2 weeks. She is talking more, moving all of the time, she's eating finger foods and is no longer taking a bottle. She is desperately wanting to walk, but is a little nervous. When you let go of her hands, she slowly inches her bottom to the ground to sit. She's like an old lady trying to sit on a couch...she cracks me up! And as these pictures show...she's become quite the little ham! She's a silly girl!
Look at that tongue and those eyes! She was just dancing and jumping and squealing! Such a happy girl!

She is finally saying "mama" some. It's only happened twice, and only in times of desperate need for me, but I will take it! She says "ga" for dog-she only does it when she sees Bella...she really seems to like her. I mean Sadie liking Bella. I am not too sure Bella is enjoying the fact that we keep bringing home babies!

7 comments:

Lindsey G said...

Sadie and her swimsuit...too precious! Coop and Owen seem to be so thankful for her. I love how each child simply FITS...its so amazing what God does through adoption. I just love that we get to trust...and he always provides. Your family is a perfect example of God pouring his love out on his children.

Love you sweet friend!

Terra said...

I am madly in love with your children. I love how our girls just light up at the sight of their brothers. It melts my heart every time! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come to town. I need a Shockley fix! We have a pool too so bring your suits and let's swim!

Julie Reid said...

Ok, did I read this blog right?? Baby girl isn't taking a bottle anymore. OMG she is too little for that!! This little stinker is trying to grow up too fast!! Make her stop!! LOL

Love the pics!

mom2many said...

That baby girl isn't going to be able to do ANYTHING without her bubba's permission it looks like! She has 3 boys wrapped around her little finger! Just the way it should be.

Kristy said...

Oh so precious I loved the video clip makes me sad for Aaron because today when he awoke he said where's my baby and I said her mommy picked her up and he wasn't very happy about that(respite) He said I want my baby love to see how the boys are so close that is just priceless!

Dr. Erin and Mr. Heath said...

Jaiden is loving him some Sadie! Can't wait to see you guys on Friday! She is such a doll. I love how she's posing in those first pictures! So funny.

Melodie said...

she is a cutie! excited to see you all on friday!