"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June is Crazy!

Not sure why, but our June is filling up fast! Nothing bad, just lots of play stuff.
I want to post more pics from camp...you simply can't cut from 500 down to 6, so there will be more to come!
Sutton and Cooper being silly in the pool!

Grandy and Noonie with the kids at the aquarium! Grandy was a camp counselor this year!
Best buds just relaxing by the pool.

Playing at Incredible Pizza

Movie Night. My mom's cousin who lives within miles of my parents (that sounds country, but it's true) has a movie theatre room (not-so-country). They invited the kids over to watch a movie! Too fun! This would have been fun to watch. I think this might be a dance game???

I LOVE this picture! Look how little Ragon looks on the end!


Yesterday was Blake and I's 8th Anniversary! Sadly enough, he was on call, but we did get to have dinner together after the kids went to sleep. What a treat! Then he went back to the hospital from 8-3:30 am. People...he then got up at 6 to head back in. Nuts I tell you. Those that think professionals go into medicine for money are seriously mistaken...this takes dedication and ambition.
It's crazy to think that for the length of our marriage, he has been working towards this goal. And when he is finished with all of his training we will celebrate 10 years. I still remember back to when we got engaged and I was in nursing school. All of my professors seriously warned us about getting married before medical school. Knowing me and my stubborn Murphy side, I just told them we were different. But I did listen. Blake and I have worked hard to keep each other first. We've said NO to lots of things going on around us in order to stay in love. And my honey has given up so much to put our family first. I believe he does this out of deep love and respect for us. I never thought it would have been possible to love him more than the day we got married, but I certainly do. So, happy anniversary honey. There is no one else I'd rather hold hands with than you! I am so proud to be called a Shockley!
Blake's gift to me...helping me paint and put hardware on our cabinets in the kitchen. Oh my this was time consuming, but SO worth it! Doesn't it look great! Thanks babe!
In other news, Cooper and Owen went to the dentist today and are cavity free yet again! Thank you Jesus, 'cuz Lord knows we don't brush our teeth 3 times a day and floss daily! Am I the only mom that struggles with that rule? (Below showing you their pearly whites!)
We did have an exciting thing happen while at the dentist, besides our squirmy 21 month old sister bouncing off the walls! "Does the crayon go in my ear or my mouth mom?"
Cooper came out after his cleaning saying that he had a peanut up his nose. I giggled knowing he must be kidding. He hadn't complained of such a peanut before going back with the hygienist. He kept tugging at this nose, so I took him and sister to the bathroom. He blew and blew and sure enough....a popcorn kernel popped out! What in the world? Where did it come from? Which one convinced the other this was a good idea? Who did the forcing it up there? Surely the hygienist must have seen something odd on the x-ray of this adorable 3 year old?!?! Oh mercy! Life sure is fun at this age!!!! The dentist was new to us, maybe we just shouldn't go back! So embarrassing!
This must have been pre-popcorn-kernel because I was in the room here.

5 comments:

Melodie said...

i have always loved white kitchen cabinets! it looks great! loved the dentist story. funny boys! :)

Angela said...

Oh Molly, the kitchen cabinets turned out GREAT! Way to go! I love how you actually tackle projects that I just sit around and talk about! You're such a go-getter!

Eve said...

Happy Anniversary. I'm looking forward to reaching that milestone with my husband.

Great looking kitchen :D

Kristy said...

Cabinets look great!! You are so lucky they will be good for the dentist not sure if he told you but um.... we have a referral to goto a dentist that can sedate my little guy :(.

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary!

I love the idea of Camp Noonie-Papa. Actually, right now, I just love the idea of dinner alone with my husband. :)

I agree, June is crazy around here too!