"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Monday, March 7, 2011

Finding Happiness

When my mom and dad came to Aspen, I found these pictures on my mom's camera. Oh how it makes my heart ache to see my sisters and their families.

Laura came to hang out with us just a few days before we moved, and boy did it fill my heart. Can you tell in the pic below we couldn't hold back the tears when she had to leave?It's amazing how blessed we are to live sooo close to our families that we cry to think of going 11 weeks without seeing them. How do missionaries do this? Or military families?

Not that I have to be, but I haven't been giving details on here of how hard this time in Aspen has been. Don't get me wrong...it's been really good too. And I am the type to not want to talk about the poo and just focus on the positive. But in that sometimes we don't talk about what God is doing.
We were super excited to come here. We needed a break from all the hubbub of life, and Blake's crazy job. We needed time alone. And then BOOM. We got here only to find the unexpected. Smaller apartment + bigger family = stepping on each other. The kids sleeping schedules are all out of whack, so no one naps at the same time= mama doesn't get a break (was not the case last year). Then there's the, "We cannot run and jump and scream. We live in an apartment now." Try telling that to 4 kids 5 and under. Right-o. Not.getting.through.
I am not sure if this is harder because I know Atlanta is following where we will be away from our family for even longer? Or that dressing 4 kids in coats, hats, gloves, boots and snow bibs everyday and buckling them in the car to go somewhere is a bit much?
Regardless of why, I know there is a reason. I don't want to be one of those moms that just prays to get through the day. I don't want to be a nagging mom either. I HATE having to constantly tell them to "turn it down a notch". I want to LOVE each day and live it to it's fullest. But there are many days I am breathing deep and praying that God give me patience for these tender hearts. I know God is teaching me great things and Blake and I are constantly choosing to focus on the sweet blessings of being here. So many times in a day we just look at each other and laugh. We've had some pretty crazy moments.
Finding these pictures reminded me of how hard it was to leave even though we were so excited and had no idea of the challenges ahead. Sorry for the heavy post...but WAY too many people have commented on my attitude. I cannot lie and say this has been easy. But I know that I have the choice of making it wonderful. So I am choosing to focus on the blessings of this time.
(If I keep saying that over and over again in my head I will get it...right?) Three sleepies til Gigi gets here.

9 comments:

Sandiza said...

You have such a beautiful family!

You've all done really well with the move so far, and it has been an encouragement to me to see your positive attitude, despite the drawbacks. I am sure God will give you the strength to continue to overcome all the difficulties. It will be well in the end.

Kristy said...

Man it's good to hear you are normal I was beginning to think, man she is always happy and positive whats wrong with me, no jk but man seriously I still give you huge kudos that would be very hard to be in such a small space and the jackets and evthing!!! I bet Atlanta is going to be a GREAT! Not that Aspen isn't but just different and a bit more space.

Anonymous said...

Hey I don't know you but I read your story. I think you encourage me most days. I was thinking what if you knew what time the people upstairs weren't at home and than tell the kids to get loud and have fun find out when they get back and have settle down time. Just a thought don't know if it'll work or not. But regardless God is in control and he will take care of you during this season.

Molly said...

Oh guys thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate it! Anonymous, I thought the same thing. In fact, today during the day I let them get loud. I have asked the apartment manager if we've been reported for noise and to let us know if we have. So I figure, if we get too loud we'll hear from her!

Krista said...

You have such patience!!!! I sometimes feel like the four walls of my house are caving in on me with ONE kiddo! So I can hardly imagine how you must feel. Just keep giving yourself lots of grace and know this is one of the many seasons of your life! Love you!

Cindy said...

I can't even imagine how tired you must be! the constant management of the sound levels, keeping the kids entertained, dressing in seven layers before going outside, them not sleeping....
You really are supermom...even if you don't feel like it. And You. Are. Missed.
love you so much sweet friend!!

Chassidy said...

Molly- I love your honesty and vulnerability!! You amaze me

Lori Wohl said...

you.are.amazing...
that's all :)

Siding Contractors Henderson said...

Nice postt thanks for sharing