"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Thursday, January 15, 2009

Conversations

I am not sure if it's just in my world lately, but there's been a lot of tragedy in the lives of those I love.

Not just death, but a lot of struggles not just physically, but emotional and spiritual as well.

My family lost a dear friend a week ago today in an unexpected way. She was a life long family friend and one of my mother's best friends.

People are being sued for the wrong reason.

Some are giving up on their marriages.

Families are dealing with broken dreams in the trail of miscarriage and adoptions falling through.

Then today, I read these verses, not in searching did I find this, it was what followed today (God is good like that). These are verses that I have read for years, but they had different meaning today and spoke to me today.

Matt. 5:3,4,7-9 The Message

"You're blessed when you're at the end of you rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule."

"You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you."

"You're blessed when you care. At the moment of being 'care-full' you find yourselves cared for."

"You're blessed when you get your inside world-your mind and heart- put right. Then you can see God in the outside world."

"You're blessed when you can show people how to cooperate instead of compete or fight. That's when you discover who you really are, and your place in God's family."

I sure am thankful that our God loves us enough to have conversations with us through the Bible, the holy spirit as well as placing deep friendships in our lives.

So, to end on a lighter note...please read this story of an incredibly mature young man and his vision. You will be touched, I promise...but you can also help his dream come true! It's a must read!

No comments: