"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sadie update and sibling love

Here are some fun pictures that we took one morning.



I love them because, well, I am obsessed with our children and I think they are highly intelligent beings as well as pretty stinking cute!

But, also...you can see a little bit of Owen and Cooper's personalities in these shots. Sadie, well, for the next several months until we see who she is...she's probably just going to look like a deer in the headlights. I mean, who wouldn't with these two coming at you?


Sadie started cereal and it's been pretty funny. I remember all of the kids starting cereal and it's such a fun time.



Owen loved it and got so mad every time I took the spoon out of his mouth because he wanted to do it like a bottle and just keep sucking the cereal right off of the spoon! He didn't understand the need to stop and reload!



Cooper caught on very quickly but also tried to help me shovel the cereal into his mouth. It ended up EVERYWHERE! With every scoop that went into his mouth, then followed his chubby fist. Then he would grab my hand for more and ended up covering me in cereal. It was nasty people!

Sadie, in typical girl fashion, has made some silly faces and acts like I am putting entirely too much in her mouth. Most of it comes back out and she's just not sure of the consistency (yes, she told me this!). It's taken 4 days for us to really get any of it down. She seems to prefer to have a couple of bites followed by a sip of milk. She's such a dainty girl...it's hilarious!



The boys loved helping and wanted to get in on the fun!



Sadie is trying to sit up and doing quite well. The doctor said that smaller babies do tend to have an easier time maneuvering their bodies....makes sense to me!


Here she is standing at her play table!

I have pics of the boys at this age!

Above is Owen...check out those legs!

Cooper prefers you not make fun of his gaucho pants. He had quite the round belly and chubby buns! So all of his pants were too long just to fit around his middle!
_______________________________________________

Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for giving us each of these children so that they have each other. I can't tell you how much I have learned and continue to learn from my siblings. I NEED them, I always have. They are my best friends.

I am seeing this between our kids.

I see how much the boys lean on each other, and teach each other.

They love having a sister. They love helping not only me, but her.

I caught Cooper today trying to help Sadie sit up.

They follow me into her room when she wakes up from naps and they say quietly, "Shh, shh...it's okay Sadie...it's just nap time".

I could go on and on about all of the sweet things they say and do for her, but you just have to see it in action. It is priceless.


I feel incredibly blessed not only to have 3 siblings myself, but to be able to give that same thing to my children. I sure am thankful that God has given me my dream, and that my sweet husband loves it too!

5 comments:

Becki Francy said...

OHHHH...I love the pics, especially the old ones of the boys. They crack me up. YOu are my bestest friends in the whole world. What I would do without you, well...I don't want to know. I can't wait until Greyson starts food and sitting up. He is putting weight on his legs and smiling though!!! Yeah! I love the girly eating too...that is typical Sadie Style....being dainty!!!

Terra said...

I agree siblings are the best!! I love all the comparison pictures. Those are always fun to look at. Look at Sadie standing and sitting! Big girl!!

Melodie said...

you have every right to be obsessed with those cute kids. love the past pics of the cereal with the boys. i can see that cooper has probably always been your entertainer.

Holly, Ben, and Reid said...

I love this post, Molly!!! It makes me so excited for all the fun pictures to come with our little family and Baby P =)

Thank you, also, for your prayers - you have been such an encouragement!!!

Chassidy said...

How adorable! I love the picture of Sadie sitting up..those big brown eyes are to die for! And then her standing at her play table...Oh my goodness she's a strong little girl! And those adorable boys....Oh I can't wait for Turner to have a little brother or sister one of these days...I can only hope he's a crazy about then as your 2 are!

How sweet are you and your sisters..what a beautiful family!