"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Friday, February 27, 2009

Her cuts and milestones!

Well, the boys needed a "her cut" as we call it. That name came from the first time I cut Owen's hair and he said, "My her!" while he touched his newly-near-bald head!

So here they are showing you their locks on the ground. Goodness I love their hair...I never have to worry about cutting off curls that won't come back! I can always run my hands through their curly hair! Another good thing about curly hair...you can't tell if the cut is not perfect!


Cooper showing off his new cut (Owen didn't want to have his picture taken!) You can't really see the hair after-all but I love the close-up!
This video is from the same night. I was inside waiting for Sadie to fall asleep and I heard loud belly laughs and had to grab the camera. This is what I got...they truly are best buds!

For milestones, Sadie is now holding her bottle...

And she can sit up without her boppy around her buns...
She is loving being able to sit on the ground and play with her toys! I love it!

With the great weather and Sadie sitting up so well, we put her in a stroller and let Cooper push her up and down the street. I was close behind seeing that he's only 2!

She is reaching out for people to hold her (mostly to her daddy) and yesterday she pulled his shirt when he was walking away from her. It was SO cute! I love seeing how much she adores him and lights up when he walks in the door, but also how this strong man becomes quite the mush-ball around her (is that a word?).
Tonight the boys are spending the night with Blake's parents so that we can attend the trans-racial parenting workshop tomorrow with Sadie. I am so excited to learn some new stuff and share our info! They plan on having these throughout the year, so maybe some of you that can't attend tomorrow can come next time!

So, Sadie and I are having a girls date with daddy tonight! How fun!

5 comments:

Terra said...

I am DONE having kids, but that precious video of the boys ALMOST made me want to have another boy just so Kylan would have a brother. You know what that would lead to though...I'd have to have ANOTHER so Kynlee would have a sister. It's kind of like that book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie". Ha!

Becki Francy said...

Wow...that was funny....you know what struck me? They are boys...they went almost two minutes and very few words. I think Ragon could have squeezed a good 250 words in that two minutes! Don't worry, she will teach Sadie to make your ears bleed!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Sadie's smile melts my heart! I can't wait until she has more 'her'.
Jamila

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Thinking about putting my AA daughter in swimming. What did she she say about hair adn swimming?

Thanks for sharing.. or you can send me her contact info.

Thanks!
Maya
South Carolina

Molly said...

Hey Maya!

She said, by all means, let them swim! Some good things to remember were, wet their hair...soak it before they swim, condition it daily when they swim (I already do this, so I think she just meant more often) rinse after swimming, make sure if they have braids to get them completely dry after swimming, and even consider conditioning BEFORE putting them in.

Could you help me out with the latest post? I would so appreciate any advice or bits of wisdom you could share. Wish you were in OK and could just share coffee!