"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Monday, April 26, 2010

Perfect Weekend



Oh man. This has been the perfect weekend for our family. Just what my heart needed when I was feeling all funky.

God is so good to us. And it's not like I didn't know that last week...it's just that there are so many more things going on right now than I can explain here...and they all seemed to hit at once. Mercy!

Blake had this weekend off after the kids had hardly seen him but 10 minutes Monday-Friday. So it's been absolutely wonderful! I've hardly cleaned the house all weekend, so it's messy round here...but I'd rather spend down time hanging out with Blake than cleaning.

We worked in the yard for hours on Saturday, then came in and cleaned up just in time for church. Luckily, our kids are at an age where they still think yard work is fun and going to Lowe's is super cool. Sunday we went to the zoo then did more yard work while the kids napped. The weather has been great!

As poopy as my heart felt last week, I feel that much more wonderful today. It allows me to soak up moments with Owen, Cooper and Sadie that I think I might have missed otherwise. Its those little things that I seem to take for granted when life is going just as planned. Tragedy seems to jerk me awake enough to realize all that we do have and savor it that much more. Bedtime routine that can became ordinary, now seems to hold so much more significance. Not only do I realize more now about their miraculous stories, but I thank God again and again for orchestrating all of it so that they could be ours. When I look at KK's story and see how many things "went wrong" (I use quotes because I know this is God's perfect plan, it just wasn't mine) I realize all the more what it took for our pumpkins to be ours.
It's amazing what 2 days of bliss will do for your heart!

Some of our favorite friends and neighbors! They give us candy and let us jump on their trampoline!!!Owen was acting like a monkey when Sadie saw him and joined in on the fun! So cute!

She LOVES the trampoline. Looks like she's having some deep thoughts!

Coop, you make my heart smile! There are so many things you do in a day that I can't help but just burst with joy and thankgiving.

So sweet how Cooper is taking her down the slide. He was trying to slow them down by holding on to the side, but then in an attempt to hold onto her he is choking her. Sweet brother.

Love, love, love this picture. It's hard to describe how much fun we have at the zoo...but pictures like this help me capture the memories.

One of the few pictures of my O-man.

4 comments:

Charissa said...

Oh, my heart hurts for you and with you. :((

Kristin said...

Great to read things went well this weekend! Hope you have a great week as well!

Chassidy said...

Love you!!! And that pic of the 3 of them ...melt my heart!!!

Eve said...

Your family is so adorable. God bless you all.