"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So proud

Well, I couldn't be more proud of my hubs this week. He has worked so hard for his education and training, and at the same time, he's sacrificed putting more time and effort into it than some because he constantly chooses us. He has an amazing ability to balance his work with his family time and devotion to us.
Thank you babe for making us feel more important than your job. Thank you for choosing to be with us when you could be doing research papers. Thank you for choosing us when you could be working you booty off to impress others around you. Thank you for wrestling with the boys, shooting hoops, taking me on dates, or tickling Sadie when you could be studying for test after test. And more than this, thank you for really WANTING to be with us, and not treating us like you've sacrificed something to be with us. I know that God has blessed your work because of your choices and it was neat to see those blessings unfold yesterday.
So, yesterday we found out that Blake matched for his fellowship in Sports Medicine surgery. We are going to be moving to Atlanta, GA next year so that he can do his fellowship @ Emory. We could not be more thrilled and like I said above...we are just so proud!!! This has been his dream since we met in high school almost 15 years ago...so proud seems like an understatement of what my heart feels for this man.
We had fun decorating a sign for him! The boys can't quit talking about the move. They'll be a little sad when they realize they can't take their friends and family with them!
We made cookies for Blake to celebrate, but I am pretty sure they were almost gone when he got home. Sadie ate 3 herself! This is her sneaking another...notice how sly her face looks?

We cannot wait to go on this adventure together. This OK girl is finally leaving the state (and yes he could only get me outta here for a year!). We both can't wait for this time for our family and know it will be so wonderful for a million different reasons, but we WILL be moving back home in 2012. And by "home" we mean Oklahoma...this verdict is still out as to what city we will live in. We are just praying for a good job opportunity to come our way! I know we will love Atlanta, but not only is our family here...we've got lots of birth mamas here to see and we simply can't leave them.
There's not a lot else going on besides that fabulous news. God continues to heal and hold our hearts together from our loss of Kennedy. We still keep in touch with C and that brings us great peace. I found a neat box to put some of her stuff in and to keep her pictures together. For the most part, we really have been amazed at the amount of peace we fill in the midst of this chaos. This morning my heart was especially heavy, so I am not sure what that was, but it made me thankful it's been a passing thought, and not a state of mind. Does that make sense?
We had a fun morning at the zoo yesterday!

There is no way that I can stare Owen, Cooper and Sadie in the eyes and wonder if God was at work in Kennedy's life. I know He has great things planned for her, it's just not what I had planned for her, so it takes a bit to shift those thoughts. Each time I see Sadie's big toothy grin and hear her belly laugh I think about how she came to us. If we hadn't lost the baby before her, we wouldn't have Sadie. It's healing to savor that thought.

Our neighbors got a trampoline so they are letting us use this one for a bit! The kids LOVE it!Gigi reading bedtime stories! Do you think they adore her?

8 comments:

Al's World said...

CONGRATULATIONS BLAKE!! What an accomplishment for him, and for you...he couldn't have done it without your support and love and devotion to your family. I know exactly what you mean about only have a thought and not dwelling on it. When you have that thought please give in and cry for that moment, believe me it helps so much. God does have a plan, God will bring you another baby and look at the impact you have made on Kennedy's family. Love you so much girl!

Giles Family said...

YAY for the Shockleys!!
We have some really good friends who used to go to church at SHBC with us and have moved to Atlanta (Nathan and Hayli Stallings) I'll bet you'd adore them. They are a great couple with two little cuties. I'd love to get you in touch with them!!!

Melodie said...

yay for Blake a and neat little getaway for your family. though, selfishly i was hoping for texas and i doubt that was even an option.
and by the way, holden would LOVE that trampoline. he jumps all the time . . .in his bed, on the ground, on the furniture (which is a NO!). what a fun one for the little kids.
well, excited for your family and what the year away will bring for you all!

Brianna said...

So proud of you the Shockley family! What an exciting new season- glad I will be front and center to watch it unfold on your blog ;)

Laura said...

Woo hoo! I have to say that I am not suprised that Blake has done so well...I do agree Molly that he has worked hard, and God is blessing him!

I am so proud of Blake for working so hard for SO long...and for always, and I mean always making your family a priority in his life.

He is a wonderful husband...and we are blessed to have him in our family!

Congrats!!

Kristy said...

Such an exciting time!!! But what I really wanted to say that Sadie Cakes well ADORABLE oh my gosh I can't believe she is a little girl now, her hair, her looks and oh my gosh the way she wears her flip flops to die for! Makes me think of how Lav will be in a year it goes so fast!

Didi said...

First time commenter - you don't know me but I found your blog from Kathy. Anyway, I am an Okie girl, lived there my ENTIRE life until about 19 months ago when we moved to Georgia. It was hard at first, but there are so many fun things to do around Atlanta. You will keep yourself busy here with those precious kids!!

Jennifer said...

Hi! I don't know you personally, but I pray for you, and I check in on you from time to time...Lindsey G is going to be soooo excited to know that you are moving her way!!! What a fun adventure for your family. I am sure that you will be a blessing wherever God plants you!
Blessing to you!
thestoneciphers.blogspot.com