"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Friday, February 18, 2011

Branching out

Well, it's about time I tried more with the girls hair than mini-puffs and teeny weeny afros. For so long I thought that styling caused breakage and was painful and could damage the hairline. It can. But what I have learned is that it can be done in a way that is healthy and protects the hair. So let the fun begin! Now, if you are a pro at this...please pardon my skills. I am a work in progress, but having fun and wanted to share with my family.

Sadie and I had so much fun looking through styles on this blog. For some reason I couldn't get the link to work the other day. Its linked under my adoption blogs to the right as Happy Girl Hair. You can tell in the pic above that Sadie's hairline looks "fuzzy" in the front and I just did it. What I learned is that you can help the hair to not break and stress when styling if you allow these little hairs to not be in the style. Umm...clear as mud right? She made it clear on her blog...go check it out.

What I have found is that this can be really fun, not at all painful and great bonding for me and the girls...and as the last post showed...even the boys!

I have even ordered a new hair product, a book and a new brush. I thought I was managing fine with the system and combs I have...but I think it will help me as the girls' hair grows longer to really detangle and not just manage.

Oh sweet baby...you have no idea how much I longed to take care of your precious curls. For years I dreamed of you and your brothers and sister; I wondered if I was crazy. God has actually made that dream come true. I am beyond blessed to call you my daughter and play with your hair, wipe your tears and boogies. You are my lovebug and I pray you feel how much your daddy and I adore you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe I get to be a grandmother to these beautiful angels! Won't be long until I get to kiss those precious cheeks. Gigi

Kierstin said...

I love your blog and your kids! Can't wait to explore hair styles with our daughter too!! I bought 2 books but like this one best: Curly Like Me: How to Grow Your Hair Healthy, Long, and Strong by Teru Laflesh. I have a couple blogs on hair too that I enjoy following! It'll be fun to watch your girls!!

The Adventures Ashley said...

oh molly....she is so incredibly yummy! i love that last picture!!