"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Friday, February 11, 2011

A Perfect Friday


I love this picture of Sadie in her shirt...this couldn't be more true!
We got a special package in the mail yesterday!!! It was full of Valentines goodies for all of the kids. It made our day. Thank you Cailey and the whole Proctor family for our goodies, sweet note and pictures!Emery gets to taste the lip suckers...these things are hilarious! Blake got off work early, went skiing then to the store all before the kids were up from naps! He then took us to run errands before going to the park to play. After we put the kids down he made me dinner and we watched a movie! What a huge treat...thank you babe!
Across from the park is McDonalds AND the Chocolate Factory...so we HAD to stop by. The kids chose to spend their Valentine money from Gigi and Papa to buy chocolate...I taught them well!
We had such a fun morning at school. I feel like I am finally getting the hang of how to do this with all 3 of them. Here we did "Sensible Snacks" and we described each healthy snack with our 5 senses. Look closely above and you can see Cooper smelling his carrot and Owen telling me what his carrot feels like to touch.

Oh my lands...I LOVE these. Emery's first time to finger paint. This just tells you how much I have relaxed as a mom with the more kids we have. Owen was 18 months when I first thought it might be appropriate to paint. What was I thinking? We now have 4 beautiful paintings displayed on our walls. This is becoming one colorful little apartment ;o)


The kids showing their other art for school. We talked about Presidents Day and George Washington cutting down the cherry tree. The kids made their own cherry trees. So fun! Owen is holding our countdown sign til Noonie and Papa visit. We are just a wee bit excited to see them.

We talked about healthy teeth as well today and did an exercise about what to feed your teeth. They colored and cut out different foods and then chose the healthy ones to feed our little mouth here. Isn't that cute? This was hilarious. Sadie's food of choice is "tookies". So there was a picture of cookies and I told her it was not a healthy thing to feed your teeth. She was so upset I wouldn't let her put it in the "mouth" that she smelled it and licked it. Oh man...she's a hoot!

2 comments:

Norma said...

What a great teacher you are, Momma Molly!! Goodness they are learning a lot... Don't you have snow days there? Oklahoma kids were out of school for two weeks with less snow than you guys have had... Won't tell the Shockley kids!! BUT I think your kids have loved school with you... Sure proud of you!! NINE sleepies??? Love, Noonie

Kara said...

You are awesome! I love seeing your sweet kiddos:). Thanks for being an encouragement to me today!