"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Sunday, October 16, 2011

Beyond Thankful


Yet another self-portrait from Sadie. Is she not a hoot? Oh girl...you crack me up! She has quickly taken to what it means to be a 3 year old. At the park today after getting a talkin to she told me in full sassy tone, "I will not say yes ma'am!" Oh Lordy! She is 98% pumpkin and only 2% pistol ;o) This princess is having a hard time putting on any weight, she is in the 92% for height and the 40% for weight which puts her BMI at a 1. We are going to go back in to weigh in a month to make sure she is gaining. Lil Miss is catching on to what she hears! She is talking SO much...more like she just repeats everything she hears. And it's hilarious and so hard not to completely crack up! Today when I was buckling her into her carseat she said, "Mama stop it!" What? Did my 15 month old just put 3 words together. Watch out guys...she's a talker! She is in the 94% for height and the 28% for weight! Mercy my girls are gonna be tall and skinny! So.jealous. Ok...I LOVE this picture. This is Owen's REAL smile. Like the one in which his heart is HAPPY and that happiness oozes out. I love this guy. We have all had a hard time moving so much lately, but I think it's affected my big guy most and it kills me. He's been such a trooper. This particular day we were given 4 tickets to the Georgia Tech game, so I got to take all 3 big kids! What a blast we had!

Can you tell how excited they are?

Lands! Look at Cooper's face! We even got to ride the train to the stadium.

Sadie's first football game! She loved seeing the cheerleaders and clapping for the team. It was a gorgeous day to be outside walking around and watching football.


God is soo good! Everyone that sat around us was so friendly and no one used foul language or made out in front of the kids. And Coooper was quick to point out all the brown people sitting around us ;o) Man I love how comfortable he is with talking about skin color and his emotions about it.

Of course we had to get some treats. Owen didn't want in the picture so he took one for us!


And can you imagine that I got lots of compliments on my adorable kiddos!?!? It was sooo much fun getting to do such a big treat with the kids.


Emery stayed at home with a sitter and did wonderful! We came home and she got new puffs! We actually used a teacher from Cooper's school who offered to watch the kids and she does hair and braids too! Can you believe how wonderful our God is to give us someone we can trust who the kids adore? Sadie reading stories to us.

3 comments:

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

Cute babies!!

Norma said...

I'm so thankful I have tickets to come see you all even if it is 8 WEEKS from today! Just love the pics, the smiles and the reports!! So thankful for the friendliness of all those in GA who have welcome and loved my precious Shockleys... We sure can't wait to get you home to Tulsa!!! Love and kisses from Noonie!!

Anonymous said...

You of course have no idea who I am, and I have no idea how I came across your blog... But I just love reading about your beautiful brown babies!! :)

Carolyn in Louisiana