"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Monday, October 31, 2011

Numero Uno







Owen, pumpkin...this has been a busy school year for you already. You are learning so much and I am sooo thankful. You are now reading!!!! I am so proud of you. This past weekend you learned to tie your shoes. You absolutely love going to school and you get wonderful reports. I am continually amazed at your ability to make friends everywhere you go. You are still my little ball of energy and yet somehow you contain yourself for school. You are a wonerful helper to your teacher! You had your first field trip last week and rode on the bus for the first time for the field trip. That's a LOT of first in just a few days buddy.

Muffins for Moms at school!


Last Wednesday you and I were able to go to Muffins for Moms at your school. It was such a blessing to be with you ALONE. That's a rare thing for you and I. So many times it breaks my heart that I cannot volunteer and be more present at school. And that we don't get a lot of one on one time. But the other night at bed you started asking about another baby. You really never tell me you are going to pray about something...and yet you told me you were going to pray about it. You were going to ask for God for just one more baby. It made me smile. I am so thankful you don't feel lost in all the munchkins or that you don't get enough time for yourself.


Daddy didn't get to come to Donuts for Dad's so he came and had lunch with you at school! You guys had so much fun together!!! (thanks babe for snapping a pic for me!)

Owen, mommy and daddy are so proud of you for how you've handled our move this year...we know it has not been easy. Through YOU we have met so many wonderful families! You love going to our new church here and that's a huge change from Oklahoma. Thanks for being such a trooper! You have taught me so much about how to be a better mother Owen. I am sorry you've had to be my guinea pig. But I am learning, and asking for God to change me into the mommy He needs me to be. Love you buddy!

1 comment:

mckenziegordon said...

So sweet! Love that he loves being the big brother so much he'd like just one more baby. So precious!!!