"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Monday, August 22, 2011

"MOM!!!"

At least once a day, but typically several times a day I hear, "Boy do you have your hands full."


The only reason I get annoyed is because of the tone in which MOST people say it. It sounds as if my children are some kind of burden to me. I realize that might not be one's intention when saying it...but I just think we need to be careful the things we say repeatedly in front of our kids...


Anywho, my usual response is a smile and, "I am really blessed, huh?" or "We prayed forever for these guys!" or "Aren't I the luckiest mom on earth?" But what I heard this afternoon made me giggle at all those times I've heard that statement.
I was helping Owen with homework after school today and heard this from Sadie who unbeknownst to me was in the bathroom, "MOM!!! Baby's playin my poop!" OH glory. Please say it's not so.
I ran into the bathroom and there she was, sure enough...hands in the potty splashin away.





I am so bummed this last pic came out fuzzy. Emery is a hoot with her expressions. This is her silly face and she knows it totally cracks us up!


So in case anyone is wondering today...4 is perfect for us! Our quiver is full. Our cup runneth over. Happy as clams.


"Don't you see that children are God's best gift? The fruit of the womb his generous legacy? Like a warrior's fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth. Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children! Your enemies don't stand a chance against you; you'll sweep them right off your doorstep." Psalm 127:5


I pray that our children always feel that they bless us daily, even when they are covered in poop!

7 comments:

mckenziegordon said...

Oh the glories of Motherhood! haha. You might have your hands full, but you've got some of the most beautiful babies filling them who cares, right?

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

You have such great perspective! I love it. So refreshing!

Courtney said...

love it!
also you could just reply, "well, yes but so it my heart!" :)

you are one great momma. thanks for encouraging others and giving us good laughs along the way too :)

Kara said...

preach on sister! I really dislike when people say this to me too!

Kristy said...

LOVE!!!!! I usually say,'Yeah you want to help!" That verse is beautiful need to put on FB! Why do so many people look at children as a hinderance they enrich our lives so much!

Raylea said...

When I started reading, I first thought I'd already read this post...but it was my cousin's post from a couple of weeks ago[http://richardsonsunnyside.blogspot.com/2011/08/range-of-response.html] I was thinking of. You're 2 peas in a pod :) Maybe I haven't been thinking of my kids as blessings enough to be bombarded like this in my blog reading!

Lesley said...

you are one of the most wonderful mothers I know!!!!