"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Saturday, August 6, 2011

OH my

Wow. I feel like a million things have happened in only 3 weeks.


We've had a lot of giggles and a couple really awkward moments.

Here is a run down.




  • Nanny at the park asked me how all my kids were different shades. I do my best to just ignore such silly remarks. But then continued on with "they must all have different dads". Really lady. Really?


  • Dude at the pool when I strolled in with my 4. "That's interesting." To which 8 people turned our direction to look us over. Needless to say, we didn't stay long.



  • Lady from Louisiana at the aquarium asks my MIL in a southern drawl, "So are y'all babysittin?" To which our Gigi replied, "Nope. They're ours."



  • Went to pick up Emme from nursery and they couldn't find her. At what point should I tell new people that my child is chocolate? They were searching for a peach Emery. I kept describing her dress and giving them her number, and looking for her from the door. Phew. She was easily found when I mentioned she was black.



  • A little girl in the sandbox told her grandma that Emery was lost (she was about 15 feet from me in the sand). Her grandma nicely explained that I was her mommy.


  • Found a new church that we loved! It's really diverse and a straight shot from our apartment (nothing is a straight shot here).


  • Met our teachers at school and found our new classes. I haven't broken the news to Owen that he has to wear a uniform. The dude does not enjoy "church clothes" as he calls them.




  • Our new neighbors baked the kids cupcakes to welcome us! They were gone in 6 seconds flat.


  • We found a new pediatrician! We are so thankful and we love her already. She did her residency at OU, small world! It's pretty fabulous to have an AA doctor. She was recommending things for Emme's slightly dry skin that I never would've tried. AND they sell hair care products at their office. We hit the jackpot!




  • I drove on the highway all by myself to get to the pediatrician. Big accomplishment. I have only filled up the car once (1/2 tank) in 3 weeks. It's nuts here people! This mama isn't driving alone unless I have to.




  • While on the phone with peds office to register kids I was asked what race Cooper was. I told them he was biracial, both Caucasian and AA. She told me she could only enter one race and that she would enter the primary insured, so what race was his father? Well, his father's white. She continued to register Emme, asked if the info was the same. I said all but race, she again told me that head of house would be entered. What? So since my husband's white we have to register my kids as white. What the? I explained. She didn't seem to care. Needless to say we got it straightened out in person ;o)




  • Gigi came and stayed for a week!!!! We had so much fun exploring new places around town. We also found ourselves scratching our heads when the GPS didn't know certain intersections existed. I might have headed down a street in the wrong direction. Yikes.





  • And my new camera charger came in today and is currently charging so I will have pics to post soon!!! I am too scerred to post pics from my iphone on here for fear of any weirdos out there that might try and find my kiddos.

4 comments:

Katie rayn said...

Ok, so what was the recommended skin care? You got my curiosity up!!

I wondered how to answer the quesiton of the "shade" of the kid. Someone remarked the other day they were surprised my baby had such a nice tan! I just told her his birthmom was AA since it was a girl at church and I knew she didn't mean anything by it. Besides I didn't want her thinking I'd had my 5 month old in the sun too long!

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

Oh gosh, Noah hates church clothes too!! Good luck sister. You are an awesome momma!

Norma said...

Love hearing all that's happened & so thankful I've seen where you are , since there are NO PICS!! Hurry, charger!!!

Ursula said...

Oh goodness. Seriously, I think I should make you some informational flyers to just hand out to people. Could include some manners training. ;)