"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I love Wednesdays!

Sadie can't get enough of her brothers! Owen giving sissy some loving!
After our St. Patricks Day fun with green the boys thought we could just celebrate every color. So this is red oatmeal with (peanut butter). That smile is a little forced, huh buddy?

One of the very few down sides to having our kids close together in age, is that we rarely separate them. We all love being together all of the time and find it hard to pry the kids apart so that we can have time alone with each of them (you know like all of the parenting books say you should, oops!).
So, this semester at school we decided to put Owen in preschool alone on Wednesdays. Oh my, how I LOVE Wednesdays. I hate being away from O, but it is so much fun to see Cooper by himself and how different he is without Owen there. It's been such joy to see so many sides of him that I usually can't see because of the way the boys interact. They really are best friends, but they feed off of one another and are more rambunctious together. Don't get me wrong...I love their "boyness"...but it's just something different and its been a treasure for me.
Cooper is still obsessed with basketball. Right now he prefers to play with no one play defense. How funny is that? This guy LOVES playing by himself!

I typically let Cooper pick what we are going to do for the morning after we drop Owen off. He is so easy to please and so far all he's requested that we go to the mall and ride the train. He is such a sensitive guy and a great helper. Today he even asked me to get Owen a treat from the candy station in the mall after he got a piece of gum. He does a great job of sharing and watching out for his sister. He chased her around Payless playing peek-a-boo when she got tired of being held. Of course, this led to some loud squeals from Sadie...but it was priceless!

Someone likes being naked!!! Daddy was giving baths while I cleaned up from dinner. I heard squeals and the pitter patter of wet feet!!! This is what I saw running to me! We are SO blessed!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I totally get what your saying it is so cool to see each child in their own light, When big kids are home Aaron is a complete show off but when they're gone he is much calmer and even more loving towards me.

Melodie said...

I feel like you might be giving me a little preview of my 2 boys in a year or so. I know these brothers have so many fun days ahead. Loved your pictures.

Jamila said...

I didn't know about your Wednesdays. What good idea. What will you do next year? I guess it all depends on where you'll be.
Sadie could get away w/ anything if she flashes that smile. It is priceless! (don't you love having pink @ your house?)