"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Sunday, July 12, 2009

Come to Jesus

Owen is reminding us with every passing day of how he is becoming a boy and no longer our baby. It is one of our greatest honors and responsibilities as his parents to daily steer him toward Christ.



Yesterday in the car, we were listening to one of our favorite CD's and the boys favorite song came on. It took me a bit to grab my camera and get it on the video setting, so I only got the end...but it's enough to make me cry just watching him sing about Jesus.



Notice he is singing "He is AVLE" not able!


When the song was over Owen said, "That makes God happy when I sing to him." You're right buddy, I bet you made him teary. Then he told Blake and I that he wanted to go up to heaven and give God and Jesus a big hug. Seriously, we were just goo at this point. Blake then asked him if he knew how you get to heaven. Blake began to explain salvation in terms that a not-yet-4 year old can understand when Owen piped up, "No, you just pop your head in and look around and hug them!"


Seriously, how did I get this blessed?

9 comments:

mom2many said...

I know your kids aren't quite old enough, but when they are, and it happens, WOW! It's such a sense of relief and amazement at the same time. And the reason God is blessing you is because you and Blake have allowed Him to guide and direct your path, which happened to lead you to these 3 beautiful children!

Jamila said...

Oh how beautiful! Jesus is able, I will remember that. Thanks Owen.

Melodie said...

oh sweet Owen. and silly, practical Cooper. of course you just pop your head in. He IS that available to us, if we only looked at it that way. love those boys and all your family stories.

Aubrey said...

Priceless!! What a blessing for them to be raised in a wonderful Christian home! So sweet!!

Brklacich Family said...

Ok, that made me teary eyed (and I am not a crier). How precious was that. Remember, the Lord wants us to keep the faith of a child- so sure let's just pop are head in & say hi!

Becki Francy said...

OK - I am a crier and that made me cry. So proud to be your aunt Owen....you are such a blessing.

Al's World said...

Precious boy! Andrew will sing Amazing Love and raise his hands in the air. There is nothing sweeter than hearing them sing praises to God, don't you know God is loving it!

Sweet Patience said...

That is so sweet! I know that made you proud!
Hey, how is it going? I have not heard from you since the ear piercing episode.

Anonymous said...

Crying and laughing at the same time. What a precious boy! Just when we think we are going to "teach" them something enlightening, they bring us back to earth.