"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Friday, July 24, 2009

Lookie here...

I am slow at figuring out how to link videos, so the actual link is in the post below!

We got a call early this afternoon asking if we would be willing to do an interview with a local news station about the Orphan movie. When they called my house was a wreck (it was nap time and I was in the cleaning mode) and I was fresh back from the pool covered in chlorine, sweat and sunscreen (yummy)!

How could I turn this down though? Miraculously, I was already cleaning...we had no plans that afternoon AND my precious honey had come home early.

So, we are not actors and we have small children so it was a riot trying to have complete sentences and thoughts, but I think it came out okay. Blake and I laughed when we saw it because we can't tell you how many times we wiped Sadie's nose, yet she still came out looking snotty!

10 comments:

Charissa said...

Well your children certainly looked angelic and totally cute so maybe that will counteract the negative effects of the movie. :) You did a great job. What an honor to be a voice for orphans in such a visible way!

Laura said...

Good job sister! The kids looked great, and Greg even noticed Owen's new haircut! Can't wait to see you all tomorrow...

You did a great job putting a normal and beautiful face to adoption....God is using you sweet girl! What an honor....

kim said...

Wow!!! You are famous! I am so proud of you! The kids looked adorable :O)

mom2many said...

You did great, and Sadie's nose made me laugh! It was a great story and I am so glad they picked someone who had all their teeth to be interviewed!

Terra said...

So good sweet friend! You looked wonderful and so did all your love bugs!

Kristy said...

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brklacich Family said...

Good job! Owen got a haircut! You guys did great!

Meredith said...

Kudos to you guys! The Orphan film is stirring quite a lot of negative press in my line of work (advocacy for kids in foster care)--I'm glad your local news is interested in having people address it!

Becki Francy said...

Molly - Finally got to watch it....love it! You did a great job! Seriously - so did Dierdre.....What a great story - and crack up....Sadie's nose...we need to get a copy of that to hold against her when she is older!

Chassidy said...

You're a natural! Wow-it's so cool to see how God is using your story to effect the lives of so many...Honored to be your friend!