"So promise me you'll never forget...that you aren't an accident or an incident...you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on this earth...Flooded by emotion, overcome by pride, the Starmaker turns to us, one by one, and says, 'You are my child. I love you dearly.'" Max Lucado, God Thinks You're Wonderful







Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Gotcha Day Cooper!

Another Gotcha Day that makes me teary...my precious Cooper. Cooper's story is one that forever changed our lives and our love of adoption. It was through the deep pain and struggle of his adoption that brought so many wonderful changes in our lives. We pray that by this Gotcha Day next year Cooper's Law will be in effect!
I remember his Gotcha Day last year and how I just faked it all day long. We had a failed placement just two days before. I was still holding onto hope that that was our baby and she would soon come home to us. I knew that if I could just fake certain parts of the day, and cling to my faith, I could make it through one day at a time.
A year later, I see the incredible miracles and blessings of God in our lives. I see how in the last year God has answered so many prayers, especially for what we were grieving this day last year. It was only 5 weeks later that our precious Sadie popped into our lives!

So today was a celebration not just for Cooper's life and what joy he brings us, but a day for our family celebrating his adoption story, the miracles that God worked on our behalf and how God has shaped us through Cooper's life.
So here's a little bit of our festivities of the day! Happy Gotcha Day Cooper!
Owen waiting for his dinner! Seriously, he's getting so big!
Happy Gotcha Day Cooper! We sing it to happy birthday!
Papa Joe and Gigi (Blake's parents) always come over and take us all to dinner for Gotcha Days! Aren't they fun? Cooper got a new OU putter from Papa and Gigi.
Cooper's new love of golf. I love how he wears his bag!
We went swimming this morning! Are they not the cutest kids EVER?

We made train cupcakes and decorated them with candy. Needless to say, most of the candy never made it on a train and went straight into a mouth! Aren't they cute? Yes, we ate very healthy today!

5 comments:

Just Believing said...

happy gotcha day to cooper!!!! what a wonderful day to celebrate cooper and God's amazingness!!!!

Kristy said...

Yes they are gorgeous kids and you are so blessed. Got to meet your mother in law yesterday right before she came over to your house she introduced herself to me in the line at Hobby Lobby, your family is so wonderful!

Melodie said...

what a special boy and a very meaningful celebration! by the way, i think the lifejacket is gonna be perfect! it seems to fit him well. thanks again!

Aubrey said...

What a special day for you all!! I love looking back and seeing God's bigger plan! God has truly blessed your family!! Glad you guys had an extra special Gotcha Day for Cooper!!

Josh and Ricci said...

Molly,
I've read your blog for awhile through Heather's blog. I just wanted to say your babies are just precious!! (Not that you didn't know that, already.)

One question, is your husband in medical school? I though I'd read something about residency once. My hubby is applying right now, so if you've gone through that all I would be interested in how you balance having him at school and at home and things like that.

Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to say Hi and let you know that I've enjoyed reading!